August, 2018 BoD Minutes, Sand Dam Reservoir Association

Here are the minutes of the Sand Dam Reservoir Association/ Board of Directors meetings in August, 2018.

Advertisements
Posted in Uncategorized

Public Hearing Announcement for Waterview Acres

Image | Posted on by

Board of Directors Meeting Agenda, SDRA, Sept. 27, 2018

Sand Dam Reservoir Association
Board of Directors Meeting Agenda
September 27th, 2018 6:30-8pm
Colaluca home, 61 Wood Road

Call to order
1. Welcoming remarks
2. Minutes
 Review/approval of minutes from Aug 23 & 30 BOD meetings
3. Reports of the officers
a. President
b. Vice President
c. Secretary
b. Treasurer
4. Old business
5. Lake management
 Herbicide committee
 Non-herbicide committee
6. Website/Education
7. New business

Posted in Uncategorized

Rescheduled Herbicide Meeting Date

The next meeting of the Herbicide Committee will be scheduled for September 17th, 6:30 p.m. at Debra Silva’s home – 45 Paris Irons Rd., Chepachet.

Agenda for this meeting:
Fundraising ideas and next steps
Update: Solitude Report
Board response to Herbicide Committee recommendations

Posted in Uncategorized

09.10.2018 Herbicide Meeting to be Rescheduled

The September 10 Herbicide meeting needs to be rescheduled. Sorry for the inconvenience.

A new date will be sent out soon.

Thank you,

Deb & Cleo

Posted in Uncategorized

August 23, 2018 SDRA Executive Board Meeting

The executive board of the Sand Dam Reservoir Association will meet on Thursday, August 23, 2018. Here is the agenda for the meeting, which runs from 6:30 – 8:00 p.m.

Posted in Executive Board Meeting

Non-Herbicide Committee to Meet on Thursday, August 23 — All Grantwriters Welcomed!

A brief meeting of the Sand Dam Reservoir Association Non-Herbicide Committee will take place on Thursday, August 23 at 4 p.m. – 5 p.m. at the home of committee chair, Carolyn Fortuna, 115 Sand Dam Road. Anyone who has experience writing grants is welcomed to attend.

The goals of the meeting are to review our winter grant writing and make a plan to move forward.

Agenda:

  1. Review idea for a steam cleaning program at the boat ramp that was presented to DEM last month. Lots of brainstorming occurred, and it seems that legislative changes would be needed to require boaters to be inspected.
  2. At the end of March, the team wrote the first draft of a grant to create swale ponds around the lake to catch road runoffs. A landscape architect looked at the grants and provided substantial feedback.
  3. At the end of January, our team wrote a grant to create our our lakesmart program. It would teach homeowners on the lake about ways that landscaping feeds nutrients into the lake and how different landscaping can serve as a barrier. We received an email that said we did not get the grant. What to do now?

Posted in Community Advocacy, Fund Raising